About Mrs. Greene
Well hello there, folks! My name is Rhonda Greene, and you’ve found your way to my little corner of the web. I’m so glad you stopped by!
I’m a 30-something crafter, writer, and dreamer. After spending half my life working in (and hating) the world of retail, I quit my “day job” in January of 2010 to pursue a new adventure in the wonderful world of freelance writing. I have written about many of my favorite topics, including travel, home decor, and pets. However I soon found most of my work transitioning into my #1 obsession: crafts.
Since most of my income is now craft-related, I have come to consider myself a professional crafter. (Yes, dreams do come true!) And then, to ice the cake, in March of 2011 Heather Mann offered me a position as Editor of one of my favorite-ever websites, Dollar Store Crafts. I’m very excited to see what other opportunities come my way as I continue on my life’s creative odyssey!
In September 2010, I married Adam, my best friend and the love of my life. We have been together since June of 2007, and we’ve been pretty much inseparable since our very first date.
We don’t have any kids, though to hear us talk you might think otherwise. That’s because we treat our two cats, Merlin and Abracadabra, as though they are our children. Yup, they are completely spoiled! Merlin is a Maine Coon, which is one of the largest breeds of domestic cats. He’s so big that people often ask if he’s just a “regular cat,” which always makes me laugh. Abracadabra is just the opposite, a tiny, dainty little calico princess.
Another passion of mine, and one that I wish I could do more of, is traveling. I love going new places, meeting new people, seeing new things, and having new experiences. I have visited 16 different US states, as well as Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, England (three different trips to London), France, Spain, Portugal, and the Netherlands. And there are so many more places I want to see!
Lately, however, my travels have been much more localized. I live in a small town in Northern Michigan. (This terminology often confuses people. Northern Michigan does not refer to the state’s Upper Peninsula, but instead is the name of the northernmost region in the Lower Peninsula.) Adam and I have a love for the outdoors, and this area is prime territory for hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities. This was the inspiration that led us to start Hiking Northern Michigan, a blog and trail guide.
Some Random Things About Me
- I can’t remember a time in my life when I wasn’t crafty.
- I went to college off and on (mostly on) for about a decade but don’t have a degree.
- I failed out of my first year of college, at art school. (Yeah, it was an interesting year. My grades got much better in following semesters.)
- I’m not afraid to admit that I’m a huge geek.
- I’m highly opinionated, very outspoken, and as stubborn as you would expect a Taurus to be. This sometimes results in people perceiving me as a bitch. I swear I’m really a nice person.
- Sometimes I cuss like a sailor.
- My circle of friends is very small but very tight.
- Everyone thinks my husband looks like Jake Gyllenhaal. I agree.
- I’m an animal lover. I don’t allow myself to go to the animal shelter because I would have to bring a new baby home every visit, and I would quickly become the crazy cat lady.
- I’m somewhat of a hoarder by nature, which I claim to be hereditary and passed on from my father, who has been upcycling since long before the term was coined.
- I have an unusual sense of humor.
- I’m terrible about returning phone calls and correspondence.
- To say that I love coffee is an understatement.
- Besides crafting, my other major hobby is taking long hikes with my husband, enjoying the gorgeous Northern Michigan scenery.
- I have a severe dislike for closed-minded people.
- I’m hopelessly addicted to British television.
- I am a huge klutz, very prone to breaking things and injuring myself.
- I’m high-strung. Very. High. Strung. And yet somehow I’m also incredibly laid back.
[wdgpo_plusone appearance="standard" show_count="yes"]
Find me on FacebookBy: Rashid Azar
Copyright InformationAll content found on this website, including text, images, and video, is property of and © Rhonda Greene unless otherwise noted. No part of this website may be reproduced, in whole or in part, online or in print, without the express written consent of Rhonda Greene or the respective content owner(s). You are more than welcome to link to my posts (and you are welcome to include one photo from the original post), but please do not copy them!
DisclosurePosts may contain affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own. View full disclosure policy.